The purpose of this position is to provide PM support for projects within the Vaccine Research & Development (VRD) Assay Specific Project Management Portfolio. Typical responsibilities for this position include the development of comprehensive project plans, monitoring of project timelines and assisting in the coordination of deliverables across functional areas to achieve project goals. This position works closely and directly with project leaders and functional area representatives at all levels to achieve the desired goals. This position communicates formal plans and timelines for assigned projects to PM leadership to align these goals with established priorities in the VRD portfolio, and alerts PM leadership to any resource constraints that might impact timely completion of assigned projects. All work is to be done following applicable compliance guidelines (cGLP, SOP guidelines), laboratory safety practices and good documentation practices.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent will oversee multiple projects or phase(s) of a project over the entire project lifecycle (project initiation, planning, execution and closing), and coordinate project activities across multiple functional areas.
Job duties include:
- Lead project teams in developing project plans; identify project tasks and timeframes using project management tools including MS Project and OnePager.
- Responsible for all phases of project life cycle planning and execution including determining project goals and priorities.
- Development and deployment of a consistent project management methodology across projects, including processes, templates and best practices. - Monitoring of project status by gathering status update on projects weekly or as required.
- Organize the work into manageable activity clusters and determines an effective approach to completing the work - Record meeting minutes and ensure actions are committed and documented enabling timeline achievement - Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Support GLUE software application and VRD Serology sub teams
- Satisfactorily completes all required SOPs, cGMP/GLP and safety training in conformance with Departmental requirements
- 5+ years of applicable experience with B.S. or 3+ years with M.S - Minimum 3 years of applicable experience in project planning and project management - Knowledge or practical experience in the development, qualification and validation of assays - Experience working in the research and development of pharmaceutical industry - Experience leading projects in a team environment - Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles and approaches - Strong Analytical, customer service, presentation, negotiation, oral/written and follow-up skills are essential. - Must be results-oriented and be able to work with many different personalities in a high-pressure, cross-functional environment. - Possess solid analytical, leadership, organizational and communication skills and capacity for identifying business requirements - High level of self-motivation and ability to thrive in a team-oriented setting - This position works on site and is not remote - Strategic Thinking- Ability to understand how internal and external influences affect strategy; how changes in strategy affect the operational plan
- Project management certification [Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)] is desirable - Trained/experienced in negotiation, facilitation and managing cross-functional team dynamics. - Experience with relevant project management tools (e.g. MS Project)
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.