- The Salvation Army
- $90,055.00 -170,900.00/year*
1500 Waters Pl
Responsible for coordination and implementation of in-house programming, including assessments, goal planning, evaluation of daily progress, monthly resident reviews, monitoring recreational programs, seeking community resources, maintaining trip log for van use. Making independent judgments using discretion for the benefit if the individual. The Assistant Program Manager will ensure the Individuals receive the highest standard of services required and their day to day needs are met as well as ensuring that all services are being followed as written in the Individual?s Plans. The Assistant Program Manager must be able to travel, have good writing skills, articulate and be an aggressive advocate.
- Responsible for organization of records and assuring records are up-to-date.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Team/Staff meetings.
- In conjunction with Program Coordinator, create agenda for meeting, plan standard items of agendas, such as committee reports, announcements, and staff concerns.
- Collaborate with consultants, especially Psychologist on programming.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of persons and population served.
- Ensure appropriate staffing pattern as per facility policy.
- Complete weekly schedules of Direct Care workers which include coverage for vacation, personal, and sick leaves as well as maintaining coverage during any emergency periods of staff shortages.
- Conduct scheduled supervisor meetings to discuss programmatic and staffing issues.
- Evaluate individual work performance of all staff through observations, and performance counseling in conjunction with the Program Coordinator.
- Assist Program Coordinator in devising and executing relevant agency/program policy, in accordance with OPWDD and/or other funding agency guidelines.
- Conduct frequent rounds on all shifts and submits report to Program Coordinator, to ensure that safety and health requirements are observed, that the physical environment is comfortable and stimulating and that quality individual care and programming are provided.
- Review the medical record along with the nurse to ensure they are in good standing.
- Ensure the facility vehicle is maintained as required
- Ensure the timely receipt and ongoing availability of all consumers? needs (toilet items, clothing, and personal effects).
- Prepare Day Program progress reports at ITT reviews as assigned.
- Conduct monthly fire evacuation drills including all staff members on all shifts.
- Participate in admission and discharge reviews and makes recommendations to Program Coordinator.
- Develop and implement monthly recreation schedule in consultation with Program Coordinator.
- Work as a direct care staff to maintain appropriate coverage as needed.
- Attendance standards; 1:00 PM ? 9:00 PM. Sunday thru Thursday, and based on the needs of the program
- The essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, the duties listed in the job description.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Associates Degree required in Human Services or related field with two years supervisory experience in MR/DD or related field
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- 2 years minimum experience in training of developmentally disabled.
- AMAP, SCIP-R and First Aid/CPR Certified
- Valid Driver?s license
Loading some great jobs for you...